3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office & Windows XP (XP, before & after SP1)

After a disk reformat and Win XP (prev Win Me) installation, I installed Office 2000 and, a day or two later, Office XP. There were problems, so I uninstalled (from Add/Remove Programs) both, and reinstalled Office XP. I had to use a go-around approach to getting Outlook reconnected to the Internet, but it is working. However, neither Excel nor PowerPoint show on the list of installed programs in System Info > Detailed; Outlook and Word (all 2002) do show up. I use all four without obvious problem.

However, when I installed MS Producer (which is supposed to be an add-in to PowerPoint 2002), the installation goes well, but I cannot find it afterward, either in my Start > All Programs listing nor under PowerPoint in the add-in table. Any thought on how to correct these two problems? This same problem occurs before and after installation of Office XP SP1.

Thanks.

globalist

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office & Windows XP (XP, before & after SP1)

In my experience (I'm working in corporate environment with hundreds of workstations) the only safe way to "uninstall" Office is to reformat the hard drive.
    If nobody will give you another advice, be prepare to reformat your hard drive once again.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried running the Eraser program? It's supposed to completely remove Office 2000, including Registry settings that are left behind otherwise. It's saved me before when uninstalling and reinstalling didn't.

Here's a KB article: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q239938>OFF2000: Utility to Completely Remove Remaining Office CD1 Files and Registry Entries (Q239938)
    </A>
    egghead

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have Eraser, but did not try it. I finally gave up, reformated my hard drive, and reinstalled. The system seems to be working fine now (two days later), except that -- even with the XP-compatible software -- I cannot get my HP Photosmart S20 to work.

Thanks for responding.