Thanks

Contact Not Found

I'm trying to send out an obituary email to about 100 people or so, 90% or so of which are not in my address book. I keep getting the pop up trying to find a name, and I can't seem to turn that off so I can send out the email. This is occurring in Outlook, as well as WLM. How can I stop that. I have a known address in the To area on both and the rest of the names are in the Cc.

Thanks
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    I would think that you have a malformed email address if Outlook is trying to resolve a name.

Have you disabled Outlook's automatic name checking?

Joe

Thanks
    Many ISPs have placed restrictions on how many recipients can be specified for an individual message; part of their efforts to combat spam.

Try sending your message to 1+8 or fewer recipients at a time.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    I would think that you have a malformed email address if Outlook is trying to resolve a name.

Have you disabled Outlook's automatic name checking?

Joe
    Yea that was the first thing I looked into Joe. I'm thinking along your line of having a badly formatted email address. I've used this list before, but that doesn't guarantee that something along the way got messed up.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

jwoods
    Also, consider using a blind CC when mass mailing to protect the individual email addresses from being seen by the recipients.