Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Build 10074

Thanks

Build 10074

The ESD files for build 10074 have been spotted in Windows update although not showing as available yet.

That don't stop me!

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Back in an hour or so!

ETA

Well that didn't take long!

Hit restart at 2242 and was at the desktop by 2302, crashed Spartan at 2305 searching for Pale Moon lol
    Last edited by Browni; 2015-04-28 at 18:29.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks
    Now officially released Bloggng Windows.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Browni View Post
    Now officially released Bloggng Windows.
    Downloading now via Windows Update. Had to reboot 10061 to get my Start Menu back—again.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I'm now upgraded and running 10074. My menu customizations stayed, but my sound is gone again. That's not a big deal at the moment. I'll piddle around a bit and see how the stability is on this build.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren
    I'll piddle around a bit...
    Is that one of the oft-reported but never defined PSR testing procedures?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Corbett View Post
    Is that one of the oft-reported but never defined PSR testing procedures?
    One might say that, yes.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    ROFL... I'll be adding 'piddling' ASAP.

(Can you remind me of the accredited test protocol. )

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Now, on 10074 here, as well. Won't say much this soon except, unlike Spartan, Edge does work which is nice (finally). Certainly, didn't take very long. Seems they cured the long install times we were seeing for a while, not long ago.

BTW, the Build 10074 ISO is available HERE

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42912

PS: Piddling - similar to mucking about
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-04-30 at 04:54.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    I understand that the former involves rather more micturition...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    I understand that the former involves rather more micturition...
    Whereas, the, inherent micturition, in, piddlin', sometimes, reveals, pearls; the, necessary, micturition, of, mucking about, more often, than not, is, no more than, breaking up clods, into, a more uniform, muck, ultimately, revealing, more muck.

The two are in reality quite different; more aiming is involved in piddlin'.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    I'm now upgraded and running 10074. My menu customizations stayed, but my sound is gone again. That's not a big deal at the moment. I'll piddle around a bit and see how the stability is on this build.
    W10 seems to be "tuning" itself during shutdown/startup. Usually when I call it a day, I disconnect my remote desktop connection to my Windows 7 Pro box, shut down my W10 Hyper-V VM, logoff my desktop and let Task Scheduler do my routine maintenance on my main desktop overnight.

Today after I started my W10 VM, my sound was working. I'm in W10 at the moment, and when I opened Spartan this time, it opened minimized rather than full screen, so there's something useful going on there as well. Also, I had previously been unable to import my Favorites into Spartan in 10061. Now in 10074, they're here. Seems there's a lot going on under the hood via restarts and shutdown/startup.

I may try Bare Metal soon on my Dell Latitude D800. It took Windows 7 OK, so it might just take Windows 10 as well.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    I am on 10074 Insider Preview. Installed to bare metal. The only issue I have with it so far is that when I click Replace Command Prompt in WinX menu with Power Shell, there is no command prompt or power shell in the WinX menu. I resolved this by creating a PowerShell.cmd file in notepad with the line "Powershell Start-Process Powershell -Verb runas" (no quotes,) and creating a shortcut so I could set it to run as administrator. I used a really nifty WinX Menu Editor and added it to my WinX menu (along with a boat load of other stuff.) I am very hopeful that this is remedied in a future build.

Thanks
    Now, on 10074 here, as well. Won't say much this soon except, unlike Spartan, Edge does work which is nice (finally)
    Just to eliminate any potential confusion, Edge is the new name for Spartan.

My own personal opinion is that Edge is inferior to the current main stream browsers at least at this point. Managing bookmarks is a nightmare, no support for add ons, no home page. The biggest advantage I seen touted is speed but I can't really tell the difference between Spartan and IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I use web sites that need Java and Flash support so unless things change, I'll be using either IE or Firefox. Chrome no longer supports Java without a tweak that is going away in the future.

Jerry

Thanks
    Anyone else find the new System sounds irritating? I much prefer the old ones.

Jerry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast