3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

EasusUS ToDo free edition problem

I use Macrium Reflect every two or three weeks to make an image backup and have installed Easus ToDo free edition to make quick continuous backups of My Documents etc (Windows 7). I set it up first to save to a second internal drive, which works OK, but it will not recognise my external drive as an option in the drop down destination menu, only the second internal drive - Windows itself recognises the external drive with no problem. Any suggestions ?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Further information. I tried to "eject" my external drive and a message appeared to say another program was using it and it could not be ejected - when I tried alt.ctrl del there was no other program shown running. I re-booted and plugged in a USB stick - that was not recognised either and the same message came up about being in use. I switched off the anti virus program but that made no difference. There has never been an ejection problem before and the only new program is easus.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
    Further information. I tried to "eject" my external drive and a message appeared to say another program was using it and it could not be ejected - when I tried alt.ctrl del there was no other program shown running. I re-booted and plugged in a USB stick - that was not recognised either and the same message came up about being in use. I switched off the anti virus program but that made no difference. There has never been an ejection problem before and the only new program is easus.
    That message is not uncommon. The "program" is probably Windows. It can take a few minutes sometimes for activity to stop in order to safely remove the device.

Regarding EaseUS ToDo, try plugging in the USB device first, then reboot, start the program, and see if it recognizes the device.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-04-30 at 15:59.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2015-05-02)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As you said, I was able to unplug the device after a wait. However, the original problem still remains. Both Macrium Reflect and Windows (7) backup recognise the external drive but no way can I get easus to do so. The macrium is the free version which only allows image backups and the Windows backup is not as friendly and useful as the easus.

jwoods
    There have been documented issues in the past (circa 2011) with EaseUS ToDo and USB 3.0 support...

I would try uninstalling and re-installing it.

If that does not work, I would look for another solution.

You might consider these three suggestions (which includes Windows Backup)...

http://www.maketecheasier.com/3-ways...-in-windows-7/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2015-05-03)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have finally found a way to save to my external drive, just by luck. It was totally unintuitive, particularly a problem in the absence of a help file for the free version. I will also consider the alternatives suggested.