Banned Member
    Thanks

Talking Let's Get Physical!

Well, I have been running Windows 10 since Sept. 2014 as a Virtual Machine. No longer!! As of today I am now running Windows 10 as a physical machine. WOW & how nice... to have all the virtues of physical, none of the fun or limitations of virtual AND to, really, see how this this flies. The VM was ok but, damn this thing sure shines even more so, now. Anyway, just thought I'd share my smile @ having it a 'proper' set-up, now.

And this is whilst using Edge, too. A fast, smooth, snappy, very capable, Windows 10 & Edge.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42946

PS: It is in the same box as my 8.1 but, not dual-boot.

Thanks
    Welcome to the REAL world. The world of the Clean Install.

Likewise, I'm running Windows 8.1 as of Thursday, when I built this new Desktop PC. And testing Windows 10 on a separate HD, sitting on the desk beside my tower.

It's all good!

The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    It was a Clean Install as a VM, too. The difference is between virtual & Physical not, between Custom & Upgrade installs.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42947

Thanks
    That's only YOUR definition. Most of the world defines a CLEAN Install to be an install to a clean hard drive, even when the installer does the cleaning.

That's the only way I'll install any OS, whether it be a Beta Test version or not. That is the ONLY way to insure, 100%, that nothing will bother the install.
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
    That's only YOUR definition. Most of the world defines a CLEAN Install to be an install to a clean hard drive, even when the installer does the cleaning.

That's the only way I'll install any OS, whether it be a Beta Test version or not. That is the ONLY way to insure, 100%, that nothing will bother the install.

What??? What definition is mine or that's any different from any other definition of what? That's what was said, anything where there is no prior OS on the location (drive/partition), nothing being overwritten, replaced, wiped out, using "Custom Install" is a clean install. There is no 'other' definition. Ergo, if you install to a VM, it is a clean install, too... no prior OS was Upgraded.... unless the Win10 was installed on top of an already existing VM of 8.1 then, it would not be a clean install... so yeah, as long as a virgin (blank) drive... which is what I said; since it's the only definition there is.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42953

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Ok, so Friday, 2 days ago, I set up a physical Windows 10; as opposed to the virtual machine I had been running since Sept '14 until then. The only thing is can have multiple instances of IE in Multiple Desktops BUT, only one instance of Edge. And there's a few things in regard to Edge including some sites not ok, ahem... BUT, other than that, some people will not like, believe or expect, what I am about to say.... and mind you I was enjoying the VM, albeit w/ a few 'challenges'.

Damn, this Windows 10 works well!! I know I've long said it's easy to use... But, seriously, to see it like this... just so solid, smooth, snappy, quick, great graphics, and simply, everything just works & works well, does what its supposed, what one wants & expects & does it well. And all so easily!! Now my webcam/ mic works, :thumbsup2: And could put MY few things straight from my USB 'toolkit'. Too bad any whinging or folks experiencing issues or what they call problems or giving low ratings. I know this installation I have going, now, sure works well. If didn't know it, already, would never know it was/is a beta.

For all the naysayers & cynics, I just cannot fault its Features, operation of it or its performance. This being only Build 10074, the GA may be darn nice & exciting, if this is any indication, @ all...

I might mention, again, it is in the same tower as my 8.1 but, not dual-boot.

Where Netplwiz did nothing in the VM it works just fine in the physical machine.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42972
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-05-04 at 03:19.