5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    Wow!

Thanks
    Amazing what you can do with 4x top graphics cards and 6+ real Intel CPU cores.

When you find a demo with a real world setup for the average gamer, do let us know

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You're just jealous satrow; me too. lol

Thanks
    I wouldn't want to burn 750w-1Kw to play a game or put up with the noise levels that cooling that hardware would require.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    I wouldn't want to burn 750w-1Kw to play a game or put up with the noise levels that cooling that hardware would require.
    I hear what you are saying but I have noticed (could hardly not have noticed) that vendors have found means to reduce heat outputs, consequently cooling requirements are not so great as previously.
    E.g. I am typing this using an old (about 6yo) PC that has an ATI HD3870 PCI-E graphics card. I was able to view the video in the OP w/o any problem.
    There has been much development during recent times especially re video. During the past few months I have fitted replacement PCI-E VGA cards to customers' PCs after they were experiencing problems w/ display corruption etc: newer VGA cards don't seem to have the problem w/heat.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Beautiful demo. Hugely expensive machine.

Even dual graphics cards can cause problems today for consumers, four are unlikely to be practical for a long time--talking about 'playing nice', not heat problems.

This will all have to move to the motherboard eventually, if we're to see a truly portable computer some day. Does anyone know if multi-core GPUs are on the horizon--which could theoretically co-exist with multi-core on a high-end mobo?