Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up Edge IS the Quicker!

Ok, this is admittedly not based on any fancy controlled lab testing, not exotic measuring gear used, no Swiss timers.... just my hands-on observations & my eyes.

I do/did the same things, in the same sites on the same hardware w/ the same Net connection & Edge does everything much more quickly & smoothly than IE. And not by a little, it's blatantly noticeable & substantial.

Not saying Edge is fine "as is" in terms of Features, functions & functionality... it does have a ways to go. But, as far as stability and being quick, seems very promising.

And, @ least now, it's working (for me). Won't, @ all, previously/recently. Glad to finally be able to check into it some. Have had high expectations & was anxious to work w/ it & whether it lived up or not.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 42954

Thanks
    I see no significant speed differences in any of the major browsers - Edge, IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I find usability a much more major concern - it has to handle the sites I use. Both Edge and Chrome don't support Java - a killer for me. (Yes, I know there's a workaround for Chrome but the fix is only supposed to work for a limited time). Edge also doesn't support addons like LastPass and Adblock Plus at this point which is a major issue for me. There is also nothing special with Edge to cause me to change browsers. I have no use for its new features:
    Built in Cortana support
    Reading Mode - makes Windows Secrets Lounge unuseable
    Page Annotations

Perhaps they will be useful for others
    Jerry