Thanks

Windows Update error: Code 80244019

On my win 7 Pro 32 bit computer I tried to run Windows Updates this afternoon and it stops immediately with error code 80244019.
    On my Win 7 Pro 64 bit computer Windows Updates ran fine and there are a couple more optional updates listed.
    I've installed the same updates previously to both computers.
    Question: Why am I getting the error on my 32 bit computer?
    Thanks for any help.

UPDATE: I just tried it again after posting this and it worked on the 32 bit. I guess I scared it by posting, LOL
    Last edited by lumpy95; 2015-05-03 at 17:51. Reason: update

Thanks
    Geeminy, WUs gets more interesting every time I go there.
    There were 2 Optional updates that weren't there on 4/25/15 when MS issued the Out Of Cycle updates ( KB3045645, KB3020369 ) so I downloaded them, being the adventurous type.
    On my 64 bit computer they both D/L'd fine but then got stuck on the reboot. I waited 25 mins after putting in my password and it was just stuck there. So I tried the power button to turn it off and "nothing". I then turned off the power supply and waited a few and then powered back up and had to "Start Windows Normally". Then it booted ok.
    On my 32 bit, WU D/L'd both but KB3045645 failed to install so I hit the retry button and it installed. I rebooted and it rebooted fine.
    Seem's like I never know what to expect from WU's anymore, it's really getting hard to trust them with the job of updating. Oh well, it is what it is.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As it resolved itself pretty much straight away, it was probably a general connectivity issue and could even have been caused by our AV.

I think I've hidden most of the out of cycle WUs - do you ever click on an update and then the More Info link on the right ?

Thanks
    [QUOTE][do you ever click on an update and then the More Info link on the right ?QUOTE]
    yes, I always do but there are many times that I don't just exactly know the ramifications of installation.
    With me it's usually by guess and by gosh, LOL.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Unfortunately the "by gosh" can end up with something nasty hitting the fan

I've hidden the Optional ones as this laptop won't be getting upgraded and one didn't apply to Win 7 and because I wasn't sure about the .sdb/SQLite one - that got hidden as well.

Thanks
    I wasn't sure about the .sdb/SQLite one
    Me either but I installed it anyway. After the reboot glitch on my 64 bit computer, all seems to be fine now.