New Lounger
    Thanks

WIN 8.1, MS Updates, and Loss of Bluetooth

Hello,

Last Wednesday I installed several "optional" updates from MS Update. Once installed, I lost all Bluetooth capabilities AND the configuration for it under settings/change PC settings/PC and Devices; the Bluetooth menu item was no longer there! I worked with MS, and they wanted to CHARGE me for service to correct their problem from the updates! I did a restore from the previous day and Bluetooth returned and was fully functional. Today, I installed only 6 of these updates and following this I once again lost the Bluetooth capabilities. I have started to uninstall each update one at a time, but it takes forever; I did do the first one from the attached list of the 6 that I installed.

Is anyone aware of which update would cause this issue, how to fix the issue, how to easily restore the Bluetooth functionality (without the FULL RESTORE), or had experience with this issue? Again, the 6 updates that I was able to narrow the root cause to are attached, but I did uninstall the first one and still do not have Bluetooth.

Thank you for the assist!

CPOSharkey
    Attached Images Attached Images

jwoods
    There have been other reports recently (one example)...

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...bluetooth.html

Windows Update should have made a restore point before it installed the updates.

I would recommend booting into Safe Mode, select the most recent restore point, and do a restore.

When the restore process reboots your system, boot "again" into Safe Mode to allow it to complete.

I have seen AV/malware software block the completion when booting into "regular" Windows.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    UPDATE: I created a restore point. Then I started to remove each update individually and rebooting after each. However, I was unable to remove KB3021910, as there was no "uninstall" option for this update. After each removal I rebooted and the Bluetooth did not show up. I then followed the instructions from JWoods and did the recovery, but now I still do not have Bluetooth capabilities! My AV software is Norton 360, BTW...

Further assistance requested.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You may have to "fire" it back up again https://www.wiknix.com/solved-blueto...n-windows-8-1/ but there may be something in Event Viewer that could point to something related not working.