New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows update scan high memory usage

This is my first post and the reason I joined is this, I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why my desktop would become so slow it was darn near unusable. It would use up to 96% of the 2gigs of ram and grind to a halt. I have run malware and antivirus programs and never found a thing. I follow Woody but am not much of a computer person, its way beyond me as a rule. I do have my Windows Update set to Check for updates but let me decide.
    Yesterday I found an article that explains what is going on and sent an email to Woody. He replied back that he would write about it on Infoworld possibly today.
    Microsoft finally acknowledged there is a problem and are working on a fix. Thousands of PC's with Win 7 are effected.
    If you want to read the hundreds of comments, the newest ones are at the bottom.
    He is the link to what I found.https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=w7itproperf

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Have you thought about adding memory to get around the problem?

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As a matter of fact I had 4gb of memory on order and installed it yesterday. So far so good, time will tell. I have a total of 4gb running now.
    Last edited by OLDBEEMER; 2015-05-06 at 11:36.