Thanks

Unable to change reminder interval with snooze

Running a new install of Win 8.1 with Office 2010 Pro.

When a reminder pops up on my system, I am unable to change the snooze interval. When I change it and before I can even click the snooze button, the number changes back to what it was.

In the attachment, you can see that the reminder interval to snooze is 0.5 day.

I did a lot of net searching and came across hits where people had been complaining that Microsoft made a change in 2010 Outlook such that it only remembered the last snooze interval used, so the next reminder that popped up had the same snooze interval as the last reminder. Many posters complained about this short-sighted change. Finally, there was a post that Microsoft had committed to fix the problem but I never saw if they actually followed through or what the solution was.

Anyway, I am unsure if the above is what I am experiencing. It doesn't seem so.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It doesn't help you solve the issue but I do know running Outlook 2010 on Win7 does not have the issues. Its strange that it realtes to the o/s and not the software?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There were fixes to snooze times in both SP1 and SP2 for Office 2010. Do you have either of those installed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    There were fixes to snooze times in both SP1 and SP2 for Office 2010. Do you have either of those installed?
    I have SP2 installed.

One additional piece of information that could be germane is that my Win install is 64 bit and Office 2010 is 32 bit. Some weird conflict maybe?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ibe98765 View Post
    ...my Win install is 64 bit and Office 2010 is 32 bit. Some weird conflict maybe?
    No, that's not it.

Office 64bit is intended for users who work with extremely large files (huge spreadsheets, databases, etc.). 32bit Office should run fine under 64bit Windows.

Have you run a repair on Office (Control Panel\Programs and Features, click on Office 2010 in the list of programs then click the "Change" or "Uninstall" button. You should see an option to repair Office).
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    No, that's not it.

Office 64bit is intended for users who work with extremely large files (huge spreadsheets, databases, etc.). 32bit Office should run fine under 64bit Windows.

Have you run a repair on Office (Control Panel\Programs and Features, click on Office 2010 in the list of programs then click the "Change" or "Uninstall" button. You should see an option to repair Office).
    I am hesitant to run a repair of office since this is a brand new fresh install, only weeks old and the only problem I have is with the Outlook reminders.