3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Home Page in Edge

My first impressions of edge are highly favourable, it makes IE look really outdated, and as others have said seems really quick.
    I haven't yet found out how to set a home page, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Click the "More actions" icon (...) just under the X in the upper right corner, then click "Settings". Under "Startup with" click the radio button "Web page", then in the dropdown below, select "Custom". Next, type in the URL of the page you want to use for your Startup page, then "Save". Not the same as Home Page in IE, though.

Edge isn't finished yet, either. Mine opens on my Startup page usually, but with the last session, not the current page. I have to click the refresh circle to get it up to date.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbearren For This Useful Post:

A1ex (2015-05-11)

Thanks
    Also, note there is no Home Page icon in the menus at the top at this time.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    There's quite a lot of control & functionality missing, @ the moment. Rt Clk doesn't offer much, if anything. Items in Favorites or Favorites Bar can add to them but, cannot, Rename or Delete and no Open in New Tab or New Window. There is, right now, a lot of work needing to be done w/ Edge BUT, yes, it is clean, clear, fast, & solid (seems so anyway). I will say the Web Note & Reading View Features are very kewl, indeed!! Reckon people will like & use those Features.

Using Links (@ the Taskbar) does nothing w/ Edge, only IE. Would be nice to see that change.

Also, currently, Edge doesn't go Full screen w/ the same, actual, fullness as IE. There's, still, stuff across the top w/ Edge.

It is, certainly, not done but, good as it may be, will be great to have more & better functionality, soon.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43020

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
    My first impressions of edge are highly favourable, it makes IE look really outdated, and as others have said seems really quick.
    I haven't yet found out how to set a home page, can anyone point me in the right direction?
    There is no home page button. What I did was navigate to the home page I wanted and then saved it as a favorite and re-named it home. Not elegant but it works. And, yes Edge is far from finished.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    IMO, Microsoft is going to keep Edge as minimalist as it can. I doubt that many of the controls and options will reappear. Enabling extensions will go a long way. For example, I use RoboForm so Edge will never be my main browser until extensions are enabled and a RoboForm extension is released.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use RoboForm as well so I think I'll have to stick with IE for now, in which case home page isn't a problem.

Alex

Banned Member
    Thanks
    What problem?

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43029

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The problem I described in my first post.
    Last edited by A1ex; 2015-05-09 at 06:33. Reason: spelling

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Ah. That was answered here by 'bb'

Click the "More actions" icon (...) just under the X in the upper right corner, then click "Settings". Under "Startup with" click the radio button "Web page", then in the dropdown below, select "Custom". Next, type in the URL of the page you want to use for your Startup page, then "Save".

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43048

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew1903 For This Useful Post:

A1ex (2015-05-11)