Thread: updates

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

updates

Hello to all I am looking for some assistance. I have had trouble with several updates for a few weeks or so has I have seen others also have and am looking for a positive solution other than hiding them or using Mr. Fixit which hasn't worked. they are 3021952,3004375,3031432. they download as they should but then continue to come back they sometimes one or two show up as being downloaded but then show up again as needed to be downloaded and when I look for them before doing so they are not showing as ever having been downloaded. Any ideas please. Thanks.
    Phil.

jwoods
    This has been linked to having Windows Update Cleanup checked in Disk Cleanup when it is run.

To verify they have been installed, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and click on the View Installed Updates link.

You can search for individual entries by prefacing the number with "kb"...i.e. "kb3021952".

If you find they are not there, go ahead and install them. Otherwise, they can be hidden.

Uncheck the Windows Update Cleanup option in Disk Cleanup until a solution is found.

We're still waiting (almost a month now since first reported) for one from MS.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-05-08 at 00:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

COWBOYPHIL (2015-05-08)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much Sir for your time, trouble, information and advice much appreciated.
    phil.