New Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 Disk Cleanup, IE11, and KB3021952

Today (May 8, 2015) I concluded my research on this problem. My long term solution is to restore from an image that uses IE10 and to not update to IE11 again.

I saw all of the crap on the net over this problem (also KB3632359) dating back to March with one or two posts pointing to Disk Cleanup as part of the problem. Today I confirmed that Disk Cleanup triggers this issue. One of the least useful ideas was to stop using Disk Cleanup! This would likely result in drastically reducing available disk space in a few months. Another was to use the Windows Update Fixit which I did and along with several other posters found it useless for this issue.

Here is my story: Last weekend after reading where MS is "encouraging" (in North Korea style) the use of IE11, I switched to it from IE10. I have Chrome also but I make extensive use of bookmarks and Chrome is not nearly as good as IE in managing bookmarks.

In addition to the KB problem I found one my indispensable add-ons (Speckie) started causing IE to fail whenever I clicked on a drop down bookmark menu.

So this is the last straw.

I sure do not look forward to Windows 10 if this is the best that MS can do for Win7.
    But might it present an opportunity to make money on MS Puts? (Grin)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I use IE 10 because of compatibility problems with my ISP's e-mail and IE 11, but Disk Cleanup kicked back two updates for me so I just reinstalled them and left it at that.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After reinstalling the two updates kicked back, did you then run Disk Cleanup followed by Windows Update and subsequently found no problems with reoffered updates?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    No, I ran Disk Cleanup again after their reinstall and they came back, so I just reinstalled them and left it at that as Disk Cleanup had done its main job.