Thanks

Why won't the Task Scheduler run this?

I posted before about trying to get a script to do automatic restore points. I thought I understood. I did have it working. But my hardware was giving me problems, so I had to revert to a backup, and it didn't have any script set up. Now I can't get it to work.

The script is vbs. It runs perfectly fine if I just double-click it. But if I put it in the Scheduler, I keep getting that box about what program to associate with it. (!)

This should be (and no doubt is) straightforward. I am just not seeing something here. What the heck am I missing?

Chuck Billow
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    I put a SRP-maker VBS script shortcut into Windows Startup folder, it works there. If you do that, give the bootup time to run that script; it takes several moments to complete.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

jwoods
    Revisit the link in your previous thread...

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...774#post999774

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

CWBillow (2015-05-08)

Thanks
    You're right. That did it. I've exported the "pieces" for safekeeping.

Thanks
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    I posted before about trying to get a script to do automatic restore points. I thought I understood. I did have it working. But my hardware was giving me problems, so I had to revert to a backup, and it didn't have any script set up. Now I can't get it to work.

The script is vbs. It runs perfectly fine if I just double-click it. But if I put it in the Scheduler, I keep getting that box about what program to associate with it. (!)

This should be (and no doubt is) straightforward. I am just not seeing something here. What the heck am I missing?

Chuck Billow
    When you want to run a vbs script in task scheduler you put the name of the script for example test.vbs in the program box, and put the directory name in the start in box. For example start in C:\testvbs\ where testvbs is the folder you have test.vbs in. Then it will run perfectly.