New Lounger
    Thanks

PST file corrupted: how to fix it?

i have an outlook data file (.pst) that is telling me it is not a personal folder file when i try and open it or try and import it back into outlook 2003 or 2007. The file was a backup file which use to get opened only to view old emails, this was stored on a server and the server crashed and data has been recovered except the file has become corrupted.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The MOST important thing about using the Microsoft Outlook personal folder (.pst) repair tool is that it HARDLY EVER makes all necessary repairs on the first try. I find that I have to run it sequentially at least 3 times and as many as 6 times to make ALL the repairs. You should keep running it until there are no errors found or only "minor inconsistencies" are found.

Also, I check the box for "Make backup of scanned file before repairing." only on the first repair run because it speeds up subsequent repairs if it doesn't take a backup and I'll have the first backup taken before ANY repairs are made.
    Stu

Thanks
    I ensure that my .pst file and its archive are included in my non-stop file backups ...too much to lose if the master file gets corrupted!!
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.