New Lounger
    Thanks

cursor uncontrollable with mouse in Outlook ONLY

After using Outlook as my email server for about 10 years with no problems, about 3 weeks ago I was faced with a problem that thus far is recalcitrant; i.e. I cannot edit an email using the mouse, albeit this function works fine in every other program (including this one in which I've made 3 editing changes in this email--I'm using Win 7 64 bit--the only information I might add is that I seem to recall the problem beginning after I ran Spybot, Malwarebytes and CCleaner--other than that info I can't recall and changes that were intentionally made--the only way I can edit an email now is by using the 4 arrow keys located between the typing portion of the keyboard and the numbers portion--this is time-consuming and laborious because at age 75 just finding the cursor I wish to move is occasionally difficult--I know there are tons of WSL members who could fix this hassle in milliseconds--thank you in advance for any help offered...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You could try the simple sequence on the very last line of this thread, which was apparently the solution for one person: Outlook. Mouse doesn't work

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you use the registry cleaner component of Ccleaner? If so restore the registry backup it made... and stop using registry cleaners.

jwoods
    Quote Originally Posted by TimM View Post
    Did you use the registry cleaner component of Ccleaner? If so restore the registry backup it made... and stop using registry cleaners.
    If the OP answered yes to the prompt, otherwise there would be no registry backup.

Nothing wrong with using the registry cleaning component (or any other) of CCleaner. I've used it for years with no issues.

Create a System Restore point before making any modifications.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-05-14 at 00:57.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks much to JWoods and Tim--in fact last night I ran CCleaner and it solved the problem--again thank you--thank you