Thread: Delay sending

New Lounger
    Thanks

Delay sending

I once stumbled across instructions for delaying the sending of messages in my outlook outbox by x #of minutes. This saved me from sending emails without their intended attachments, for one thing. Is it possible to do this with my outlook.com email? And is outlook.com = outlook live?
    Also, I can't locate the original instructions for doing this anyway....can anyone help with that? I use Outlook at home but my employer uses yahoo for their email provider.
    Last edited by uz2bcryinow; 2015-05-10 at 14:19.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible to do this with my outlook.com email?
    Thanks to Microsoft's naming conventions there is confusion between Outlook [part of Office] and Outlook.com which is online/Webmail. Outlook.com is the replacement for Hotmail.com, URL shows as mail.live.com.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This gave me a thought. I use Windows Live Mail for my Comcast, Outlook.com, and Gmail accounts. I went to Options-Mail and unchecked "send immediately", which will then "send" at whenever the next send/receive interval is. I had it set on every 1 minute, but that would mean my emails could go out anytime up to 1 minute, or maybe immediately. Three minutes seemed needlessly long. If I change my mind about what I wrote, or forgot an attachment, it usually happens sooner than 3 minutes. So I settled on a 2 minute delay, which means between 61 and 120 seconds.
    Last edited by rje49; 2015-05-23 at 20:06.