Lounger
    Thanks

This page canít be displayed Windows 7 64 bit

Can't seem to use latest version of IE11 and IE10. Every time I try to go to a web site I get a message, "This Page Can't be Displayed. I used Windows troubleshooter and it told me something is wrong with my DNA server but the trouble shooter could not help further. I checked event log and I'm getting error messages that my DNS servers are timing out. I used ipconfig to reset network adapter but no go. I do seem to have a workaround but not sure why this is working. I have a usb network adapter also connected to this desktop so I disabled the LAN network adapter and this allowed me to get to my web sites OK. I contacted Comcast and all my connection are working OK. I'm using the LAN driver that came with the gigabyte mobo(Big Foot). Can anyone shed some light on this problem. I've been working it for over a week now and this is as far as I can go. The LAN was working fine until about a week or so ago. I suspect it could be a Windows 7 update that may have caused this problem to surface. I'm at my wits end so any help will be appreciated. I've also tried Firefox but seems to be same issue except Firefox is more specific telling me that dna server is the problem

jwoods
    In an elevated Command prompt (Run as Administrator)...

1.Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

2. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

Try IE again.

You can also try assigning new DNS servers from the public list...

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstr...ns-servers.htm
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-05-11 at 16:39.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The DNS resolver cache is supposed to be flushed when you shut down, but run a command prompt as an admin and enter -

netsh winsock reset catalog

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

exit

You may have to open Network and Sharing Center and set whichever adapter you are using with its own DNS server.

Right click on the WiFi icon in the system tray and select Open Network and Sharing Center

Click on Change adapter settings then right click on whichever adapter you are using and select Properties

Click on (TCP/IPv4) to highlight then on Properties

Check the bottom radio button to Use the following DNS server address and enter 8 in each box of the top row then 8 in the first two of the lower row then 4 in each of the last two.

Check the box to Validate settings upon exit - OK - Close and that should run Windows trouble shooter.

If that reports that it cannot ID the problem then you should be good to go.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2015-05-11 at 17:05.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all so much for your help. I was able to solve my problem by assigning Google DNS servers to my Ethernet connection. Never can stop learning more about Windows. This site is awesome.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad that worked for you.