New Lounger
    Thanks

Norton Anti-Virus (Office 2000--SP 2)

fyi: Norton Anti-Virus has an "Office plug-in enabled" feature [under AntiVirus/Options/Miscellaneous], which, if enabled, causes this error message when you close any of the Office 2000 programs: WINWORD caused an invalid page fault in module VBE6.DLL at 0187:6500d79c. If you uncheck the Office plug-in feature, the programs close without problem. Thanks to Norman Swartz (swartz@sfu.ca), for his 10/25/01 post at http://www.computing.net/windows95/w...rum/92041.html that fixed my error message problem.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Norton Anti-Virus (Office 2000--SP 2)

Which version of NAV do you use?
    We use NAV Corporate Edition for a long time (upgraded regularly, current version is 7.6), on some workstations NAV 2001 and even NAV 2000 is installed, and never have problems.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Norton Anti-Virus (Office 2000--SP 2)

The Office plug-in, according to Symantec, really does not any protection if you have AutoProtect enabled.

Symantec added the Office plug-in, so I've been told, because there are customers that use software that will not work when AutoProtect is enabled.

The Office plug-in really screws up most any code that uses Automation, e.g., a Word macro that uses, say, Outlook.

NAV 2000 and NAV 2001 will definitely cause such problems with Office plug-in enabled.

Don't know about NAV Corporate EDition, but I'd guess that it has the same problem.

For NAV 2000, see document 1999091612160606 at Symantec's web site, or, e.g., q243579 in the MSFT KB.
    For NAV 2001, there's an option within NAV to disable the add-in.

Do not also disable AutoProt in NAV, it's just the add-in that causes problems.