New Lounger
    Thanks

calendar/spreadsheet (97 SR-2)

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by chir on 08-Jan-02 15:31.</P>I am trying to build a spreadsheet to track hours offered/hours worked for 4 crews of shift workers with 15 people per crew.
    I have built a sheet that has 4 sets of monthly calendars(1 for each crew) that totals the hours for each person monthly and year to date. I have also built a weekly calendar that tracks who is available to work on each day. Is there a way to get the weekly calendar to update the monthly calendar by looking at the date listed on the weekly sheet so that I don't have to make 52 weekly calendars? Currently the weekly sheet sorts the monthly sheets data to determine who is available to work so you have to go from the weekly sheet back to the monthly sheet to post the hours then back to the weekly sheet to see who is next to be ask. I would like to be able to do it all from one sheet, the weekly sheet. While I'm asking is there a way to set up a keystroke so that y = 12/12 (12 hours offered/12 hours worked) and n = 0/12?

I figured out how to get the 12/12 & 0/12 to work by putting yy = 12/12, nn = 0/12 into autocorrect. It may not seem like much but it helps those of us who are not proficient typers.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: calendar/spreadsheet (97 SR-2)

Could you post a sample workbook with non-sensitive data so thatt we could geta better idea of your current data structure and hence how to alter it to meet your requirements.

Andrew C

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: calendar/spreadsheet (97 SR-2)

Here is a shortened version of what I have. The actual app will have 15 names on each shift. There will be 3 more scheduling sheets required to make this work (Shift 2, Shift 3, and Shift 4). There also has to be a sort sheet with a macro for each shift.

The schedule and sort sheets show who is able to work when by the color scheme. The people on the bottom 3 shifts are not at work when the overtime is distributed so they enter Y or N in the highlighted blocks to accept or reject a job. The empty group of blocks below the date/shift available block is used to enter the jobs that need to be filled for the week.

My ultimate goal is to be able to do all of the hour input from the sort sheet instead of having to go back to the "Hour" sheet to enter the hours, then return to the "Sort" sheet to see who to ask next. If it is possible to do I think the sheet would look like Sheet 1. Would I have to make a seperate sheet for each week or could a lookup function or something similar be used that entered the hours to the "Hours" sheet by looking at the employee number and the date (which would change every week).
    Attached Files Attached Files