New Lounger
    Thanks

Maximum size of publication I can prepare in MS Publisher?

I have seen one review that says Publisher can't handle a publication of more than 100 pages. Is that correct? The review says there's a workaround by creating two PDF files and then merging them. I didn't read the entire post, but it sounded like different software is required to merge PDF files. Anyone have any experience with these issues (publication size and merging PDF files)? (The page size would be standard 8.5x11 inches.)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

New Lounger
    Thanks

Using Publisher 2013

Sorry, I didn't think of that key piece of information. I checked your second reference, and it sounds like really big files can be dangerous (i.e. more easily corrupted). Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    You're welcome. Sorry I don't know anything more definitive about Publisher.

Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

No of pages with Publisher 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jweigle View Post
    I have seen one review that says Publisher can't handle a publication of more than 100 pages. Is that correct? The review says there's a workaround by creating two PDF files and then merging them. I didn't read the entire post, but it sounded like different software is required to merge PDF files. Anyone have any experience with these issues (publication size and merging PDF files)? (The page size would be standard 8.5x11 inches.)
    I have Publisher 2007, and I have created a document, without any difficulty, which contains 148 pages - I haven't tried anything bigger yet. I have had no problem with the file becoming corrupted, and I do update it fairly regularly, adding bits, etc. I would assume any later version of Publisher would do at least as well.

With regard to merging PDF files, you can certainly do that quite easily with Adobe Acrobat (but, of course, that costs money!). I'm not sure about Adobe Reader.

I am just about to try Foxit PDF Reader's ability to merge two pdf files...
    It seems that this is not supported.

Anyone tried to do this with Adobe Reader?

There is a website that will merge two pdf files into one: http://www.pdfmerge.com/
    You can also download a piece of software from the same site to install on your own computer which will do the same thing for you.
    The website DOES work - I have just tried merging two PDF files, each of about 74 pages, into one, successfully. Took less than a minute to do the job!

Paul
    Last edited by pablo234; 2015-05-28 at 06:44.