Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe Flash Player add-on

Ever since recently installing the latest version of Adobe Flash Player I find that on every website I visit I am told that "This webpage wants to run Adobe Flash Player". The annoying thing is that even though I click "Allow" the same message keeps popping up.

How can I stop this happening?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,
    Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

jwoods
    If this happens using IE, you may have set "Automatic Prompting for ActiveX Controls" to Enable in Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Internet Zone.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-05-15 at 18:01.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    J Woods, thanks but the setting you refer to is set to Disabled. Any other ideas?
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

jwoods
    Go to Manage Add-ons and see if the Shockwave Flash Object is enabled.

You might have to select Show all add-ons to see it.

If it is enabled, highlight it and in the lower pane, make sure you have the current version 17.0.0.188.

If it is current, click on the More Information link, and make sure there is an asterisk in the section labeled "You have approved this add-on to run on the following websites". That is the value when "Allow on all sites" is clicked.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-05-16 at 03:47.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the current version and there is an asterisk in the section you refer to. The strange thing about this is that before I saw post #2 I uninstalled Flash Player using Revo Uninstaller Pro, and I have not reinstalled it. Secunia PSI says the latest version of Flash Player is installed, but it no longer appears in Revo's list of installed programs.

The reference to Flash Player no longer appears in IE11.

Roy Whitethread

jwoods
    You can download and manually install it...

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Thanks
    Flash player is now included in IE11 as part of the program, which is why its no longer listed as an add-on or removable program. Updates for this version are done automatically via Windows Update. You do not need a separate stand alone version of Flash Player. Having both versions installed causes conflicts.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    Flash player is now included in IE11 as part of the program, which is why its no longer listed as an add-on or removable program. Updates for this version are done automatically via Windows Update. You do not need a separate stand alone version of Flash Player. Having both versions installed causes conflicts.
    On Windows 8/10, but not Windows 7.

Thanks
    I forgot that I think jwoods may be on the right track. Go to Tools>Safety and turn off ActiveX filtering.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I caused this problem on a machine by accidentally deleting the entry from the registry- IE's "preapproved" listing. (HLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Curren tVersion\Ext\PreApproved). It was deleted from the 32-bit version but not the 64-bit, so it still showed up in Internet Options, Programs, Manage Add-ons, Toolbars and Extensions. (Registry key: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000})

Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash did nothing. Copying the key from the 64-bit version (HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \PreApproved) and re-creating it in the 32-bit section solved the problem. (If this is your problem you create a new key and paste the key I've copied.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dell XPS: Win 7: IE 11
    I am having this problem of this box appearing also. When I check "allow", it seems to reset the IE page and the prompt comes back. I tried to X it out and then Flash Player doesn't work. I checked the manage add-ons and Shockwave shows enabled. When I go to "more information" the allow on all sites is greyed out and the box is empty.
    It's interesting that if I use firefox the Flash Player works. I'm not exceptionally brilliant on computers and when I tried to follow KevinChambers suggestion above I got REALLY lost. Any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried clicking on Tools - Safety and checking the ActiveX Filtering box - may need IE restarting to effect.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry I should have added that. The Filtering box is unchecked. also I don't know if I was very clear. I can't check "allow on all sites" because the box is greyed out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wyodeacon View Post
    Sorry I should have added that. The Filtering box is unchecked. also I don't know if I was very clear. I can't check "allow on all sites" because the box is greyed out.
    Is this in response to my post or JW's ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Kind of both. ActiveX Filtering box is unchecked. then I was just trying to clear up what I said about the Manage Add-ons post.
    Last edited by wyodeacon; 2015-06-16 at 16:21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast