New Lounger
    Thanks

3rd Party - Cartridge Issue - Lyson/ Cave Paint/ ink2image

Hi,

If any of you have the new cartridges provided by ink2image that come without the reset connections - I need your help.. According to ink2image, these new carts are more convenient as you don't need to reset them, rather just fill and place back in machine. Love the concept. However, for some reason, my Epson Stylus r3000 does not recognize the cartridge has been filled and just says I'm out of ink.

While the people over there say not to worry about the ink charts in printer properties, my machine shuts down the print job and says, you need new ink! I've had replacement machine(s), so I know this is not my particular printer type. I would only guess the problem could be remedied in settings somehow. If not, I'm in deep trouble, mid-project and they no longer have the re-settable cartridges to provide.

So, if you could, please lend a hand either electronically, or if you have extras of the old re-settable carts, please let me know, and I'll be glad to pay for them.

Thanks very much,

Jared

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I use generic Epson cartridges for my SX425W from www.stinkyink.co.uk and after giving them a good shake prior to installing them, they've never given me a problem.

I'd see about RMA'ing those and look for another supplier.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    I use generic Epson cartridges for my SX425W from www.stinkyink.co.uk and after giving them a good shake prior to installing them, they've never given me a problem.

I'd see about RMA'ing those and look for another supplier.

I'm happy with the quality of the Lyson Cave Paints - rather than changing the product used, if anyone can help with software update or provide old Lyson carts (2014 or older) please let me know, thanks!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    When another member did this when it had already been mentioned to him on another forum and that he was worried about it, the general response on here was that it was okay as it could result in increased help.

However it was pointed out that it was frowned upon when posting the same query in different sections of a forum.

While I can't remember the member's name or thread, what has changed ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    When another member did this when it had already been mentioned to him on another forum and that he was worried about it, the general response on here was that it was okay as it could result in increased help.

However it was pointed out that it was frowned upon when posting the same query in different sections of a forum.

While I can't remember the member's name or thread, what has changed ?
    I think you're referring to this thread: Problems with JPGs on websites

One new user said cross-posting was fine in his opinion. That's hardly general response.

The OP had been previously warned about it at the other forum, and the same user had claimed it was fine there too (because he hadn't read the rules at either forum).

You said in two places in that thread that it was not OK (#10 and #19), as did two moderators.

Rule 14 applies, both before and after that other thread, and nothing has changed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    While I still stand by what I've said, I think my memory of this was because of what the other member had said, that perhaps it was okay to seek additional help as it was also of the opinion of a member on the other forum and because of the number of threads I've been involved in both here and on other forums, my memory of the final outcome had become hazy and I apologise for bringing it up.

While old-n had acknowledged he had breached the forum's rules by saying that he was off, given his apparent desperation in attempting to find a solution and my desire to help, I continued with the thread.