2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unusual shut-down behaviour.

On one of my Windows 10 systems when I select shut-down The system goes into it's shut-down process, the monitor goes blank but the power & drive activity lights on the system remain on. It looks like it's installing updates? After a few minutes the system reboots rather than shut-down. On the login screen I select the power-down option and the shut-down goes normally. This is a server box but it has UEFI and is only 3 years old. This happens all the time on this system but not on any of the other systems.
    Any one have any ideas on why?

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I went through the clean boot process and reset everything back to normal. The problem is still with me and I have tried several times just to make sure. Found that if I sign out it takes a long time to get back to the sign in screen about as long as the restarts I'm having. Once back at the sign in screen I can do a shut-down and it works.
    Some history: I did not see this problem before I did a clean install of build 10074 on a new WD Dual drive. (A single drive with a 120 GB SSD plus a 1 TB hard drive combo.)