2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Duplicates in File Explorer (née Windows Explorer)

All of a sudden, I'm seeing two Downloads folders and two Documents folders in File Explorer.
    And a My Documents that won't allow access.

If I delete either one of the duplicates, both are gone. Have to go to recycle to bring them back.

Attachment 43228

What's up? And how to fix?
    Last edited by joro; 2015-05-18 at 17:15. Reason: add information

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's a known issue in the last couple of builds: Double folders of Documents and Downloads in Computer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

joro (2015-05-18)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I looked for a thread, but missed that one.

Comforting to know it isn't something I blundered and caused.

Thanks
    That issue seems fixed in the latest build.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Chuck. I just installed 10122 and see that this issue is fixed.

But this build is not as friendly or intuitive in the way it displays the apps and other items from the start button. It took a while until I found and clicked on the triple bar in the left top corner to reveal what previously showed up on a single click of the start button. I'm hoping there's a way to keep it on, as it goes away after each time it's used.

It also deleted my ATI display driver and replaced it the the generic one, which doesn't give me a full screen or high resolution.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joro View Post
    But this build is not as friendly or intuitive in the way it displays the apps and other items from the start button. It took a while until I found and clicked on the triple bar in the left top corner to reveal what previously showed up on a single click of the start button. I'm hoping there's a way to keep it on, as it goes away after each time it's used.
    I'm not clear what you're looking for or exactly where you're clicking to get it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK. Let me see if I can explain this better. However, what you see may not be the same as on my machine, since the new build sucks up the settings (or at least some of them) from the previous build.

I have two desktops. The default is the one with tiles. When the Start button is pressed, a plain, shaded desktop appears. In the previous build, a list of applications appeared transparently on the left side, with a scroll bar.

With 10122, the shaded desktop is blank. To get the list of programs, I have to click on the triple bar in th top left corner.

10 desktop.JPG

It now takes two actions to do what in 10074 only took one. I'd like to see the file list appear without having to click on the triple bars. or at least give us a switch that we can turn on or off that option.