Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer My Favorites and My Pictures

I have sites and information listed in My Favorites and today noticed some of them are listed in My Pictures in the form of the big E icon and underneath the name of the favorite, such as "Congressmen's names", as an example. When I try to delete the big "E" icon in My Pictures I go to My Favorites and the site is no longer there. So, by deleting it in My Pictures doesn't do any good as far as getting rid of it. I have no idea how to get rid of the icon in My Pictures without also deleting it in My Favorites. I have Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Sure would appreciate help on this problem.

jwoods
    Can you copy them from My Pictures to My Favorites, and then delete them from My Pictures?

Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer My Favorites and My Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by jwoods View Post
    Can you copy them from My Pictures to My Favorites, and then delete them from My Pictures?
    I tried doing that but no way to Paste on My Favorites. It's really weird because only a few of My Favorite listings are there, not all of them. Thanks for replying.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I meant to say they are appearing in Picture Library not My Pictures.

Thanks
    Check that "Favorites" is not in the "Locations" list for your Pictures folder.

PicturesLoc.jpg
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Coochin For This Useful Post:

sanang (2015-05-20)

jwoods
    Navigate to C:\Users\<your user name> and double click on the Favorites folder to open it.

You can paste them there.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't know I could do that from C: I've learned something..thank you very much.

jwoods
    You're welcome.

You might also check to ensure that when you add a new bookmark, the "Create in" location is set to Favorites.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh okay..another good suggestion, I'll take note of it...thanks.

Lounger
    Thanks

Favorites in Picture Library

Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    Check that "Favorites" is not in the "Locations" list for your Pictures folder.

PicturesLoc.jpg
    I've sent several replies and for some reason they didn't show up, maybe this one will..just to thank you so much for your illustration and help, you solved my problem and I'm so grateful to you!

Thanks
    @ sanang

You're welcome. Many users miss that "Locations" link in the "Libraries". It can be really useful though, e.g.: user might have a 2nd HDD in the computer (D:\Data) with a large "Pictures" folder. Simply adding the D:\Pictures folder to the "Locations" list allows easy access to the files in D:\Pictures.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.