Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

New Build release today (10122)

Following the vote on Gabe's twitter they are releasing the new build throughout the day today
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Thanks
    Currently downloading it...

Banned Member
    Thanks

Exclamation Fast Track - Now Build 10122! (20/5/15)

Fast Track Build 10122 is @ WU as of today.

1st off, ppl are really going to like the work that has been done in the Start menu.

Warning!
    You may want to switch to Slow Track & wait this one out IF you have an AMD GPU... Edge may crash & freeze. Windows is working w/ AMD to be able to rectify the matter w/ an update anon. OR hold off on using Edge, for the time being.

Install completed in 45 mins.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43274
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-05-20 at 21:41.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Not only some huge & good work in the Start menu...

Another thing I've noticed is a good bit of good work in Edge. One item is Rt Clk functions for Favorites Bars sites. There's a number of little things which become noticeable as one moves about some; can be seen in icons, graphics, consistency.

Anyway, Insider Hub has all the juicy gossip regarding this Build. Be sure to give that a look-see.

The transparency bit is ok but, even in this Build, still, that "Frosted Glass" (blurred) idea instead of plain transparency.

What things have YOU discovered in this Build?

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43276

Thanks
    My VM Windows 10 is downloading 10122 now; my hardware Windows 10 machine hasn't been offered the download as yet.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    My VM Windows 10 is downloading 10122 now; my hardware Windows 10 machine hasn't been offered the download as yet.
    I found the culprit on my hardware Windows 10; it was missing a registry key. I plugged in the new key, and it is now downloading 10122 also.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Installed it on my desktop. Edge still doesn't allow me to rearrange items on the Favorites bar. items are listed in alphabetical order only. I have a number of folders on my Favorites bar and I can't rearrange within a folder either.

Jerry

Thanks
    The joys of beta software!

Sports app crashes immediately on clicking, Insider Hub wants me to sign in! I am signed in!

Screenshot (2).png

Thanks
    Not much help but the Sports app and Insider Hub works fine for me. Are you using a local login to Windows?

Jerry

Thanks
    I'm using a Microsoft account on what is effectively a clean install of build 10122 as the 1st thing I did after installation was a reset.

The hub has worked before in this build and now it won't even open!

Banned Member
    Thanks
    If you are talking about Insider Hub, I'm sorry, don't know what to offer as I cannot reproduce the issue. And it opens w/ me, already, signed in to it.

Sports is fine for me, as well. 1st thing to do when a Store APP is Uninstall & Re-install... oft will fix

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43300
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-05-21 at 14:59.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Installed on my desktop. Failed on my Surface Pro 3. Tried all the remedies at Surface Pro 3 won't upgrade to build 10122 (from 10074) . Hope something new to try pops up soon. Might just have to wait for next build.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    I found the culprit on my hardware Windows 10; it was missing a registry key. I plugged in the new key, and it is now downloading 10122 also.
    I spoke too soon. The download completed but the installation failed. I was logged into my MS account. I logged out and logged back in as local admin, and it is now installing.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    It is the Insider Hub I'm talking about.

Screenshot (4).png

Just came across another issue, double clicking an image results in the following error

Screenshot (5).png

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Trying this now - Installer stuck at 18% when upgrading from Windows 10 (10074 to 10122). Seemed to allow a number of people in the thread linked in my prior post.

Update: this worked for me. Somehow, didn't expect it but so far so good.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast