5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Use Word macros without learning to write code

OFFICE

Use Word macros without learning to write code

By Lincoln Spector
    Microsoft's macro-programming language, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), can automate many of your regular MS Word chores.
    Here's an introduction to creating simple and useful macros without the work of learning to be a full-on programmer.

The full text of this column is posted at WindowsSecrets.com/office/use-word-macros-without-learning-to-write-code/ (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks

General Macro Programs

Thanks for this article. I'm also interested in general-purpose macro programs. In the past, they seemed to be more common but nowadays they seem to be scarce. I have one called Hot Keyboard that I bought years ago and still use. I use it for things like autoreplacing snippets of text and launching apps with a hotkey. Hot Keyboard is years old now and it seems like there ought to be something more up to date with more features. And I'm wondering whether it will continue to work with Win10. Now and then I take a look around but haven't found any good alternatives. Can you recommend any?

David Salahi