Thread: Mouse problem

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mouse problem

I just replaced my mouse, with a new mouse. It is an optical type mouse with two buttons and a middle scroll wheel button, The two mice where the same kinds of mice but different manufactures. The first mouse was a 3d optical mouse, donít know the brand. The second mouse is a 3d optical mouse brand, Inland. When I first connected the new mouse to the same port, it worked fine. Both mice are USB mice, and I have them hooked up to the PS2 using an adapter. I also tried them hooked up directly to the USB port. The mice work fine, but when I go into a game Neverwinter Nights 2 MOTB, the mouse works but I canít move my characters around anymore using the mouse when you click on the ground. The mouse works in the game to do all other commands but not to move. The mice also work out of the game just fine and appear to work just fine in other games. I donít understand this. What is going on. I donít normally install drivers for the mouse, I just use the regular mouse drivers with windows. The mouse didnít even come with a driver, although I probably could find one on line. What I donít understand is why the new mouse worked just fine the first time I used it, and not now. Also, the old mouse has the same problem as well now. I changed the old mouse because the wheel button no longer works on the old mouse.

Thank You!!!

Thanks
    Can you borrow a true-blue PS/2 mouse and keyboard and test all of your normal operations? Does the original mouse also now exhibit the same difficulties? If need be, will the seller allow you to swap out the new mouse? Let's narrow down the possible causes through process of elimination.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If both mice fail in one program you would expect it to be a problem with the program.
    Test each mouse in turn, connected only to the USB port. If the problem still exists I would ask on the program support site.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    I know what I would do!

run "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes and delete all USB devices, then restart the PC.

Thanks
    Also try a full key/mouse button rebinding within the game options/settings, set them all to default, Save and exit, restart the game and test.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank You for all your replies!!!

I tried Satrow's sugesstion and it worked. Don't know why the game would change my settings. But, I went in and rebound it within the game and it worked, so thank you!!!

Thanks
    It's not uncommon for a game update, for example, to upset things that had been fine before, glad you fixed it