Thread: Email Links

Thanks

Email Links

I recently installed Office 365 and with that of course Outlook.
    I received an email from one of the sites I use frequently asking me to verify me email address change and when I went to click on that mailto link I received the following pop up. I also got this when I clicked on a URL in the email as well.
    I've gone through the settings, but am obviously missing something. What would that be?

Capture.PNG
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    That is an attempt to prevent phishing / drive by attacks by preventing you clicking on email links. Personally I thinks that's a good idea.
    To use links, copy them and paste into your browser.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Thanks, and while I too might think it is a good idea, How do I turn it off. I have no problems using the link and or email in Outlook RT or on my Windows Phone. Only in Outlook that came with my Office 365 Personal?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks. I checked those and the settings they talked about were already checked. I unchecked / re checked / re started Outlook, and still nothing.
    Thanks John

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try the Microsoft Fixit linked at Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook: [SOLVED] Outlook 2013 Link will not work when I click.

(It's often caused by uninstalling Chrome.)

Thanks
    Thanks Bruce I tried the "Fixit" and it didn't work, so I tried the next method of resetting everything to factory defaults and that too was to no avail. I fired up my old and tired out laptop and noticed that when I went to the registry location in method two, that this laptop was missing both the htm and the html registry items. I exported both to my external hard drive and then imported both to this laptop.
    I am pleased to report that all is working again now in the Valley of the Sun...
    Thanks again Bruce, and thank you too Paul for your suggestions.

John
    Thanks John