New Lounger
    Thanks

File access denied problem for an external drive

I've started getting "file access denied" messages whenever I try to delete a folder or a file from one particular external drive. So far, I haven't encountered the problem on any other drive.

The message states "you'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file." Yet I already have administrative permission, and the message box even has a "continue" button, which, when pressed, completes the operation. In other words, the message doesn't have anything to do with my getting the proper permission, instead, it merely acts like nothing more than a "do you really want to do this?" warning. So all it does is add an extra step every time I want to delete a file or folder from that drive.

Is there some way I can get rid of this annoyance?

Thanks.

Thanks
    I also get those during the week, so far, I haven't found a solution except doing what you did. I'm wondering if Take Ownership might work in that directory; however, Continue works just as fast.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

jwoods
    Taking ownership of the folder, and then giving your account full control, usually solves it.

Even if your account is in the Administrator group, it runs as a Protected Administrator.

If an account like SYSTEM has ownership, you won't be able to delete anything.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-05-23 at 17:02.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Once you take ownership you have full control, no need for an extra step.

cheers, Paul