Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple data on one email

Dear all

I like to show multiple data on individual email. For example one Name have two rows of data, I like to show them on one email. Last couple of days I spent hours searching the answer for this but whatever I tried it hasn't worked so far I though you might help me if you can.
    I have attached screen shot of what I like to achieve and also my documents, I will be grateful if you could help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lapot View Post
    Dear all

I like to show multiple data on individual email. For example one Name have two rows of data, I like to show them on one email. Last couple of days I spent hours searching the answer for this but whatever I tried it hasn't worked so far I though you might help me if you can.
    I have attached screen shot of what I like to achieve and also my documents, I will be grateful if you could help
    can anyone help please?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you looked at the Directory Mail Merge instructions provided as sticky threads at the top of this forum?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    Have you looked at the Directory Mail Merge instructions provided as sticky threads at the top of this forum?
    I have looked at Directory Mail Merge instructions provided as sticky and I have readjusted my wordbook as attached but still doesn't work. I have converted his formula to my excel data as this ;

Code:
    {MERGEFIELD Name }{IF{ MERGEFIELD Address2}= "" " and {MERGEFIELD Address1}" ", { MERGEFIELD Address1 }{IF{ MERGEFIELD Address3 }= "" " and { MERGEFIELD Address2 }" ", { MERGEFIELD Address2 }{IF{ MERGEFIELD Address4 }= "" " and {MERGEFIELD Address3 }" ", { MERGEFIELD Address3 }{IF{MERGEFIELD Postcode }= "" " and { MERGEFIELD Address4 }" ", { MERGEFIELD Address4} and { MERGEFIELD Postcode }"}"}"}"}
    Where do I go wrong? Un fortunately there isn't a clear instructions... can you help please?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lapot; 2015-06-01 at 11:54.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Can anyone help above please?

kind regards

Lounger
    Thanks
    I think found my answer on this posting,

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...cussions/page2

what I was doing wrong is I was linking my word document to excel sheet, wrong!!

There is a nice tutorial here from a guy called Macropod on the first page and a Zip file. It should help you a lot.

As I've said, both in the tutorial and a couple of times in this thread, the merge is a two-stage process.

The 1st stage is to run a Directory/Calatlog merge using a document containing field code like that in the tutorial, plus the macros - and nothing more - to generate an output document containing a table like that shown in the tutorial.

The 2nd stage is to run a standard merge to email using a document containing your boilerplate text and the ĞDatağ field, as shown in a previous post, with the document from the 1st stage as the data source for the 2nd stage.

You've evidently tried do the lot in one stage. I also note that the field in your 'maindocument' doesn't even contain the tables needed for the 1st stage of the process.

The attached file contains:
    . your Excel test data source;
    . a document named 'Merge Data Table Maker.doc' containing the field code & macros for the 1st stage;
    . a document named 'EmailDataSource.doc', representing the 1st stage output and the 2nd stage input;
    . a document named 'Main Document.doc' (based on your's), being the mailmerge main document for the 2nd stage; and
    . a document named 'OutputDemo.doc' representing the output from the 2nd stage.

Note: The document named 'Main Document.doc' has been set up for a merge to file or printer, instead of merge to email, so you'll need to change that aspect of its operation and the document named 'OutputDemo.doc' is for illustration purposes only, each page indicating what would be in the respective emails.