New Lounger
    Thanks

Password Mgr Needed for Windows, Android, Win Phone and shared users

A somewhat cursory review is pointing me to the paid version of LastPass. I care more about functionality and ease of use than price. I'm an IT professional and my wife is at the other extreme. We probably need 4-500 passwords, primarily for websites, with about 100 shared. Import from browsers would be nice but only for use in logging and changing to secure passwords. We use IE11, Chrome and Firefox. Automatic transfer between browsers would also be nice.

Comments, recommendations and suggestions please.

I'm an original subscriber to Windows Secrets and 1st time lounge poster.

jwoods
    I would include Roboform...

http://www.roboform.com/platforms

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick response. I just took a look at their website and there doesn't seem to be the "shared" capability that we need.

To elaborate, I have logins that my wife does not have access to, she has logins that I don't have access to, we have 'common websites' such as amazon.com where we have one Prime account that we both use and we have 'common websites' such as delta.com where wed each have a unique login id and password. We each need our own login for our individual websites and passwords and we need to be able to utilize the single userid and password sites as well.

I utilize Windows 8.1 and 7 on PC's, Android 5.0 and Windows 8.1 on phones and Android 5 on a tablet. I also use Windows Servers 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2012 R2. My wife uses Windows 7 on a PC, Android 5.0 on a phone and Kindle Fire (this will probably upgraded to a Fire HD,

Have I missed something? Am I asking for the impossible?

jwoods
    You might take a look at the identities and profiles sections in their online manual...

http://www.roboform.com/manual

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwoods For This Useful Post:

gknola (2015-05-28)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    LastPass works fine for the purposes you stated. I use the paid version, to get mobile access from my phone. You can have separate accounts (you and your wife) and passwords are synced automatically between all the browsers and mobile app versions.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ruirib For This Useful Post:

gknola (2015-05-28)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you both.

Now I can do a hopefully decent comparison. I will be using the paid version and if I decide to go with RoboForm, I'll get pricing from them.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    KeePass will do all that you require.

cheers, Paul

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

gknola (2015-05-29)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Paul,

I have it included in my compare list.

George

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Let us know what your final decision is.

Zig

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Let us know what your final decision is.

Zig
    I'll do that.

I've started my evaluation. Since the selection will result in a decision with long term effects, I'm going to invest the time, effort, and $ to make my decision. The software is priced so inexpensively, I have no problem testing with the paid versions.

I figures that I'd start with most difficult situations to see how the products do.

My first test scenario is the following:

My wife and I have individual Frequent Flyer accounts with the same airline.
    Each account has it's own User ID and password.
    I manage both accounts and need to have both open on the same computer at the same time which I accomplish by having each account open in a different browser.
    Additionally, I have other individuals who work for me who have accounts with the same airline and I have access to their accounts as well, each with a unique userid and password. Again, I have the need to have multiple accounts open on the same computer at the same time.

Any feedback on firsthand experience with a scenario like this will be appreciated.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    All you need to be able to do is select different credentials from your password manager. I know this is easy in KeePass because that's what I use, but I'm sure it's catered for by others.

cheers, Paul

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gknola View Post
    I'll do that.

I've started my evaluation. Since the selection will result in a decision with long term effects, I'm going to invest the time, effort, and $ to make my decision. The software is priced so inexpensively, I have no problem testing with the paid versions.

I figures that I'd start with most difficult situations to see how the products do.

My first test scenario is the following:

My wife and I have individual Frequent Flyer accounts with the same airline.
    Each account has it's own User ID and password.
    I manage both accounts and need to have both open on the same computer at the same time which I accomplish by having each account open in a different browser.
    Additionally, I have other individuals who work for me who have accounts with the same airline and I have access to their accounts as well, each with a unique userid and password. Again, I have the need to have multiple accounts open on the same computer at the same time.

Any feedback on firsthand experience with a scenario like this will be appreciated.
    With LastPass you can have multiple sets of login details for the same domain. When you are visiting the domain, the LastPass extension will let you know how many sets of details you have and pick any of them to login, view, copy username or password, etc. No issues at all doing what you need.
    Rui
    -------
    R4