New Lounger
    Thanks

Runtime error 3045 with OS upgrade

Hello,

I have 3 PCs in my HomeNetwork and all was running by Windows XP. I am using them for my accounting program that uses MS Access databases.

On one PC I installed Windows 8.1 and other 2 use Data Base from that one. And when I want to start the program it shows error 3045. For last two days im trying to resolve that problem and try to contact Microsoft support but they dont provide support for MS Access.

I Maped new PC and I can open database manually but when program shows error.

I read that microsoft account on Win 8.1 is making problem for other PC.

Can you help me is this problem in Access file or in security setings for home network?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Windows networking has changed significantly from XP to 8.1, and that is probably the reason you are having issues trying to start your database. Several questions to help clarify the situation:
    1. What version of Access are you using on each PC?
    2. Is the database split with a front-end on each PC and the back-end (data) only on the Windows 8.1 PC?
    3. Can you run the database from the Windows 8.1 PC?
    4. Have you created a Home Group on the Windows 8.1 PC?
    5. Have you created a share for the folder where the database is located?
    6. Is this a commercial accounting application, or a custom Access app you or someone created?

Given that the arrangement worked before you upgraded, it seems almost certain that your issue is networking rather than with Access, so you may need to get networking assistance, and it may be desirable to upgrade the other two PCs to Windows 8.1.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    1. All PC are using MS Access 2010
    2. Don't know because I didn't create it
    3. I can run database from PC with 8.1 and with other two when i manually try to run with Access
    4. I created Home Group and all other PC are in Home Gruop
    5. Yes whole disk is shared and specific folder that database is in
    6. This is custom app that someone created

Since yesterday I upgraded two PC with XP on Win 7 and still have the same problem. And I will try to install program on other Win 8.1 PC and see if problem is in that.

But is it possible that problem is in Win 8.1 Microsoft account so that other PC don't have right to access files that is locked with MS account ?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I tryed to connecting Win 7 PC to old XP that I replaced instead of Win 8.1 and there was no problem.

So problem is with Win 8.1 definitely.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Windows 7/8 uses home groups, XP uses workgroups. Once you have the PCs in the workgroup you need to share the W8 folder by right clicking on it and selecting Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing. Once you have created the share you need to grant Everyone full access using the Permissions button.

cheers, Paul