Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Build 10130 Now Available For The Fast Ring

Thanks
    My VM is downloading it now.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    No joy here as receiving error 0x80246017.

I'm not alone https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=0x80246017

Thanks
    Still in the download phase, 18% on my VM and 17% on hardware.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Hey Y'all,

I got it loaded on my Dell Laptop. Seems to be working OK! Only took about 1.5 hours!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It installed OK on my 1GB 1024 x 600 netbook.

("Sit back and relax": What? For 3 hours? Where's my alarm call?

"Come back tomorrow" would be more appropriate.)

Thanks
    Up and running in my VM, still downloading in hardware.

Unleash Windows

Thanks
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    It installed OK on my 1GB 1024 x 600 netbook.

("Sit back and relax": What? For 3 hours? Where's my alarm call?

"Come back tomorrow" would be more appropriate.)
    Took me less than an hour including download time. Comcast isn't all bad.

Thanks
    Build 10130 failed on my test PC with error 8024402C.

After stopping the WU service, renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder, and restarting the WU service I restarted Win10 and 10130 is downloading again.

Out of interest I have seen that "Error 8024402C" on several customers' computers that were failing to install Windows Updates. Almost all those customers had ADSL connections and were connecting through the same telephone exchange. In each case the WU errors went away after I set IPv4 to use M$ DNS servers 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.3.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Smile

Well, 10130 is DONE & thus begins another voyage of discovery...

About 45 minutes this time, again. No issues.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43452

Banned Member
    Thanks
    WOW!! Are the Jumplists in this Build (10130) ever nice!! Huge improvement there!

And if any prior Build was thought to be fast & snappy, well, HA! Now, look...

Also, REALLY like the Windows Administrative Tools folder added to the Start menu/Apps and 1st seen in Build 10122; just brilliant what's in there & all located sensibly together.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43454
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2015-05-30 at 01:46.

Thanks
    After completing the download, the installation failed in hardware. I left it overnight, but still failed; 0x8007520. I signed out of the standard user account and signed in as Admin, and it's installing currently. Perhaps it will succeed this time. I'm using the VM at the moment. It has lost sound for the time being, but that seems to happen on every build, and it eventually picks it back up without my intervention.

>edit The installation in hardware reported failure, but required a restart. I restarted, and after a reasonable time tried to RDC back in, but couldn't. After a couple more fails at RDC, I connected directly to the desktop and it's 43% into the installation. Go figure... </edit
    Last edited by bbearren; 2015-05-30 at 09:18.

Unleash Windows

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I seem unable to login using a PIN on this build, which was working fine on the last build. Login options never appear, despite a PIN being set. Anyone confirm/deny as a bug?

EDIT: I found I'm not the only one, so I'll try the fix for previous builds linked from here: PIN sign in not available build 10130
    Last edited by BruceR; 2015-05-30 at 09:12.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1903 View Post
    WOW!! Are the Jumplists in this Build (10130) ever nice!! Huge improvement there!

And if any prior Build was thought to be fast & snappy, well, HA! Now, look...

Also, REALLY like the Windows Administrative Tools folder added to the Start menu/Apps and 1st seen in Build 10122; just brilliant what's in there & all located sensibly together.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Attachment 43454
    I see no significant difference in the jump lists. The jump list for the Edge icon is almost unusable as it just lists truncated URLs. I find the ads that pop up in the Start Menu search box annoying. I suspect someone will find a way to kill these after rtm. (Classic Shell, Start is back ?)

As for, the Administrative tools folder, I just dragged the Computer Management and Event Viewer applets to the Main Apps group so they are available without having to click on All Apps and scroll all the way down to Windows Administrative tools. I rarely ever use the other Administrative tools.

Jerry

Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    I find the ads that pop up in the Start Menu search box annoying. I suspect someone will find a way to kill these after rtm. (Classic Shell, Start is back ?)
    I don't have any ads popping up in the search box. I have Cortana enabled, maybe that's the difference, but I don't recall seeing any ads before I setup Cortana.

Unleash Windows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast