Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Pioneer dvd-rw dvr-220rs

Where can i find the devive driver for my dvd-rw? The microsft ver. Is 6.2.9200.16384 dated 6/21/2006. I have tried to find it on the microsoft website and the internet. No luck so far. Any help would be appreciated. I HAVE EVEN TRIED TO RESTORE IT FROM MY SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS.

Thanks
    A little more information would be helpful. Why do you think the driver is corrupt? What happens when you try to use the device?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You do not need a driver for your DVD, Windows will drive any DVD unit without specific drivers.
    If your DVD is not working, go into Device Manager and delete the CD/DVD device, then re-boot and Windows will re-install the driver.
    Failing that, more information please.

cheers, Paul

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

Fascist Nation (2015-05-31)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Deleted the device and rebooted the computer. Still have the same problem. This is what I get from the troubleshooter in windows:
    Devices and Printers
    Issues found
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-220RS has a driver problem
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-220RS has a driver problem There is a problem with the driver for PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-220RS. The driver needs to be reinstalled. Not fixed
    Reinstall device driver Completed
    Problem with PnP devices
    Problem with PnP devices There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices. Detected
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Unable to Load Device Driver}
    %hs device driver could not be loaded.
    Error Status was 0x%x

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you open Device Manager can you see any devices with a yellow exclamation mark? The DVD writer should be there, but you may have other devices as well, indicating an overall driver issue.

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    If you open Device Manager can you see any devices with a yellow exclamation mark? The DVD writer should be there, but you may have other devices as well, indicating an overall driver issue.

cheers, Paul
    The DVD player has an exclamation mark. I tried deleting it and restarted the computer but it came up with the same error. The troubleshooter could not fix it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    The DVD will not play anything. I tried deleting the DVD and restarted the computer. No luck. The dVD Player has a exclamation mark still beside it.

jwoods
    Try running SFC /SCANNOW in an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt, and see if that will fix it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    This is the message that I get:
    SFC/SCANNOW STOPPED AT 56% COMPLETE.

WINDOWS RESOURCE PROTECTION FOUND CORRUPT FILES BUT WAS UNABLE TO
    FIX SOME OF THEM. DETAILS ARE IN CBS.LOG

THAT IS THE MESSAGE FROM WINDOWS. I TRIED TO OPEN THE CBS LOG BUT IT GAVE ME ACCESS DENIED ON NOTEPAD.

jwoods
    First, run CHKDSK /r in an elevated Command Prompt, then run SFC /SCANNOW again and see if it will complete.

You won't be able to open CBS.log directly.

You can direct output to a text file called "sfcdetails.txt' on your Desktop by doing the following in an elevated Command Prompt...

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log > "%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

You can then attach the text file to your post if you need further assistance.
    Last edited by jwoods; 2015-06-01 at 18:56.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    DISM might be a better option to fix your corruption.
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...=1#post1001377

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    I don't think a new driver is going to help. The drive itself appears to have failed. Fortunately, replacement drives are cheap and easy to fit.