Thanks

Colors in Windows 10

I get that this is a "beta" and that some things will take time to be implemented. I just wish I know where the various color settings were/are stored.

When I installed W-10 alone, I ended up with a far-to-bright (for me) desktop. Felling a bit cranky, I restored a Windows 7 bare install backup, set all the colors etc., and then "upgraded" to W-10 -- and the colors stayed. So they have to be stored somewhere...the registry I would think. I just wish I know where so that I could back them up in case I screwed myself up again (now WHY would I think THAT?) And had to start over.

That way I can "patiently" wait for MS to implement better color controls in W-10.

Anybody know where they might be stored?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Right-click on the Desktop then left-click "Personalize". In the Personalization dialog click on Colors on the left side, then click on the "High contrast settings" link.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    That will give me high contrast, but not allow the direct manipulation of the colors themselves as was always possible before. Besides, what I am after, since I have the color scheme set up now (I did it in Win 7 and it carried over in the upgrade to 10) is where that is stored, so that, if I wanted to install W-10 from scratch, I could then import the settings, since the flexibility in W-7 isn't there in 10.

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    Win7 Themes folders are explained in this article: Windows 7 Themes Folder Location
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coochin For This Useful Post:

CWBillow (2015-05-31)

Thanks
    I had used the wrong folder...thanks.

Chuck