Thanks

No pin to start option for web pages.

I want to pin web site short cut links to the Start/Metro Screen on my laptop running WIN 8.1 and it should be such a straight forward thing but when I click on the MENU button on Chrome Browser, then go down to MORE TOOLS / CREATE APPLICATION SHORT CUTS I only get the choice to check DESKTOP or check PIN TO TASK BAR and nothing about "pin to start". I remember seeing a picture of a pin in favorites menu in Internet Explorer (or maybe I just read about it) but it's not there now. I done a test and pinned a web page to the ""task bar and "Desk Top" using Internet Explorer and they open the web page in Chrome Browser which is what I want . So both IE and Chrome don't give me the "pin to start" option.......................... . Screenshot 2015-05-31 21.24.25.png
    Last edited by KIWIpeteW; 2015-06-02 at 04:14.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Click the icon immediately to the left of the URL, Page1.jpg (or any other icon that shows there), and drag it to your desktop or any folder and it will make a shortcut or a link to that webpage. Click on it and it will open in your default browser.

You can also just drag it to the Bookmarks bar in your browser. If you don't see the Bookmarks Bar, in Chrome go to the Menu Button, ≡, choose “Settings”, and in the “Appearance” section, check the “Always show the bookmarks bar” option. You can drag any website there for later use. You can also right click it and select “Add page...” or “Add folder...”

If by “pin to start” you mean you want Chrome to open with that page, go to the Menu Button, ≡, choose “Settings”, and near the top, where it says “On startup”, tick the O where it says, “Open with a specific page...”, and then “Set pages”.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StanStr; 2015-06-05 at 01:46. Reason: add last paragraph

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStr View Post
    Click the icon immediately to the left of the URL, Page1.jpg (or any other icon that shows there), and drag it to your desktop or any folder and it will make a shortcut or a link to that webpage. Click on it and it will open in your default browser.

You can also just drag it to the Bookmarks bar in your browser. If you don't see the Bookmarks Bar, in Chrome go to the Menu Button, ≡, choose “Settings”, and in the “Appearance” section, check the “Always show the bookmarks bar” option. You can drag any website there for later use. You can also right click it and select “Add page...” or “Add folder...”

If by “pin to start” you mean you want Chrome to open with that page, go to the Menu Button, ≡, choose “Settings”, and near the top, where it says “On startup”, tick the O where it says, “Open with a specific page...”, and then “Set pages”.
    Hey thanks for the reply, what I mean by Pinning Web page link to Start/Metro screen is here in the screen shot, it is this screen I want to pin to. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/pin-we...screen-windows this web page tells how to do it but it opens the page up in Internet Explorer, but I want to open the page up in Chrome Browser. It looks like after WIN 7 MS took this option away for Chrome Browser to stop the start screen getting cluttered.
    Screenshot 2015-06-05 20.58.26.pngCheers Pete

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KIWIpeteW View Post
    ...but it opens the page up in Internet Explorer, but I want to open the page up in Chrome Browser...
    Then set Chrome as your default browser (click the "hamburger" settings/options icon in Chrome and look for "set as default browser").
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coochin View Post
    Then set Chrome as your default browser (click the "hamburger" settings/options icon in Chrome and look for "set as default browser").
    Yes, it has been set as default all along. Thanks for that, when I set short cuts to the Desk Top from IE they open in Chrome as you are getting at, but the Start short cuts don't.