3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Getting Windows 10 upgrade reservation

Showed up on task bar this morning.

w10taskbar.JPG W10Window.JPG
    George

New Lounger
    Thanks
    came here to post the exact same thing, i woke up to this as well. i won't bother with the screen cap since it is identical. guess it is coming out soon, ehh????

jwoods
    Thread already started on this topic here...

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...-Win10-upgrade

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I wonder if all of these invites are related to MS's spying in as much those who have been invited are likely to buy Win 10 apps and know that I'm normally a tight wad - which could be why I didn't get one

Thanks
    I have had an invite and I'm just as much a tight wad as you, especially as I haven't been using 10 very much due to the problems mentioned in other posts.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I have had an invite and I'm just as much a tight wad as you, especially as I haven't been using 10 very much due to the problems mentioned in other posts.
    I think I've been missed out because I've hidden the "ease of update" KBs with having no intention of upgrading.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you got it, it's because you allowed it by doing Automatic Windows Updates. One or both of either KB3022345 or KB3035583 caused this notice and probably has already reserved your copy of Windows 10. Fortunately if you don't want it, it looks like you can un-reserve your copy - although they don't tell you how to do that. Woody has been talking about this for some time now on his website - Askwoody.com. You should check it out.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Looking forward to W10, after it's been out a month or two.
    George

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    I think I've been missed out because I've hidden the "ease of update" KBs with having no intention of upgrading.
    Me too. I hid both KB3022345 ( Diagnostics ) and KB3035583 ( Win 10 update nag ) until I see how Win 10 plays out. Besides being a "Tight Wad" also, LOL, I won't be in any rush to upgrade.
    At least I would be able to update to the Pro version since I have win 7 Pro sp1 and be able to defer updates if I wanted.

Thanks
    Plenty time left lumpy95. plenty time.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    Me too. I hid both KB3022345 ( Diagnostics ) and KB3035583 ( Win 10 update nag ) until I see how Win 10 plays out. Besides being a "Tight Wad" also, LOL, I won't be in any rush to upgrade.
    At least I would be able to update to the Pro version since I have win 7 Pro sp1 and be able to defer updates if I wanted.
    Same here, I hid both of those updates.

I noticed that apparently an MS account is still required for the W10 pro version. Are MS insisting everyone has to login with a MS account as that is something I would not be comfortable with, particularly with a pro version. I can't see them getting that by businesses in any case where security is (hopefully) a much higher priority than many home users

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slorm View Post
    Same here, I hid both of those updates.

I noticed that apparently an MS account is still required for the W10 pro version. Are MS insisting everyone has to login with a MS account as that is something I would not be comfortable with, particularly with a pro version. I can't see them getting that by businesses in any case where security is (hopefully) a much higher priority than many home users
    Logging in with a Microsoft Account is not required in either Windows 8(.1) or Windows 10. There is a procedure for logging in with a local account for both OSes.

Jerry

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

Slorm (2015-06-08)

New Lounger
    Thanks

I don't see it yet

With Win 7 SP1 I haven't seen the same notification as my Win 8.1 tablet.

Is this going to be a problem?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I his the update. Although I have been using the Win 10 TP on an old Asus Eee PC, I will not be upgrading via the "free upgrade" since it comes with a price, though not monetary. It seems that with the "free" upgrade you will not be able to choose your updates to install, as they will all be pushed to you. I've read that only the full paid versions will allow you that choice. It reminds me of the free cell phones we get that come loaded with bloatware that we cannot uninstall. I will stay on 7 until 2020 when support ends.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miztrniceguy View Post
    I his the update. Although I have been using the Win 10 TP on an old Asus Eee PC, I will not be upgrading via the "free upgrade" since it comes with a price, though not monetary. It seems that with the "free" upgrade you will not be able to choose your updates to install, as they will all be pushed to you. I've read that only the full paid versions will allow you that choice. It reminds me of the free cell phones we get that come loaded with bloatware that we cannot uninstall. I will stay on 7 until 2020 when support ends.
    No, it's only the Home version where you have no control over the updates - Pro and up over free or otherwise are the only versions where you have control and I agree, given MS's history with updates, it is a worry.