New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Outlook 2007 "too many file attachments" error

I have just switched from Incredimail v1 to Office Outlook 2007. I used to be able to attach 24+ pictures to an email in Incredimail. With Outlook 2007 I get a " too many attachments" error. I know it's not the files size limit that most email servers have. They are all small files, ie: 134 kb. My opinion of Outlook has not changed from the time it was introduced to the current version. Incredimail never produced as many issues as MS Outlook.

How can I change the number of files limit in Outlook? Please, don't tell me it's the file size, as I know it is not. The computer is a Dell Studio XPS, I7, 6gb ram with Windows 7 (x64)

The reason I switched from Incredimail v1 is that it needs a lot of playing with it to get it run on Win 7 and I hate v2 as much as Outlook (switched computers)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    From what I can find there is no set limit in Outlook.

If you get this when you are composing the email trying attaching something less than 20 files at one time. Do multiple file attachment steps.

If you get this when you send the email it may be an ISP limit.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    From what I can find there is no set limit in Outlook.

If you get this when you are composing the email trying attaching something less than 20 files at one time. Do multiple file attachment steps.

If you get this when you send the email it may be an ISP limit.

Joe
    I can attach and send all 24 files in Incredimail, Outlook will only allow 20. I tested it again, same 20-24 files, Outlook 20, Incredimail 24+, amazing what little things MS can screw up........

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Did you attach something like 12 and then try to attach the remainder to the same email?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally said screw it and installed Incredimail v2.5 and am going to live with it. Shouldn't have to screw around half a day to do something that MS doesn't think you need to do! They know better than we do, I'm sure, look at WinME and Vista and Win8 and soon to be Win10!

Thanks for trying anyway!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the answer, finally..... I was attaching files from a network shared folder, the max number is 20 files! When I attach files from the local hard drive, I was able to put at least 30 files (pics) in the email. In conclusion, use locally stored files and you can attach more than 20 files. Shared files are limited to 20. That doesn't excuse MS for another of their little oddities!

I at least feel better knowing why... I switched back to Incredimail anyway and don't have any problems with the number of attachments!