Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Make a new post - on search page

This is for the nice-to-have basket.

I'd like to see the Make A New Post icon on the search results page. It would save a lot of my time, ISP and channel time, and Lounge processing time.

As far as I can see, after examining the results of a search for an existing post/thread on some matter, I need to use my browser's Back button several times, or Jump back into the forum, with each little operation causing a delay while my browser page(s) are filled up with stuff that is generated by the lounge.

You can see this by starting off in some forum, choosing SEARCH, keying in your terms, observing the search results page. If you do nothing else as if the results were negative, and decide to post a new thread on your topic, you need to click your browser's BACK button twice. Watch all the to-and-fro while the Lounge replenishes data. Or, scroll down and then JUMP to the forum you're already in. More replenishing.

If we had a copy of the existing Make A New Post icon at the top of the search results page, we'd all save a lot of processing and idle time.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Make a new post - on search page

I shared your frustration until I found out how to do this the hard way.
    <hr>You can see this by starting off in some forum, choosing SEARCH,<hr>
    Try pressing your Shift Key when you click on Search. This opens the Search page in a new window. (For Netscape users on Windows, right-click and select Open in New Window. Don't know if this is possible with the Mac. )

<hr>keying in your terms, observing the search results page. If you do nothing else as if the results were negative, and decide to post a new thread on your topic, you need to<hr>
    close your Search window and you've switched back to the forum window; ready to open your new thread.

HTH
    Gre

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Make a new post - on search page

> Try pressing your Shift Key when you click on Search.

Yup. This'll do it. Thanks.