Thanks

Strange going ons with Office 365 64bit

The other day I asked for some help with files in OneDrive: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...10-Sync-errors In trying to solve that problem I decided to try a save as to my desktop, remove the offending file and see what happened. Needless to say, that didn't really work.
    However now I've got another problem. Those documents that I saved to the desktop, are showing unassociated.
    Grocery Prices.xlsx when I look at them in the OneDrive desktop client, nor can I open them from there. To make it more interesting, I can open OneDrive and open the file directly from / in OneDrive. On my tablet as well as the laptop with Win10 on it there is no problem with the files be un associated.
    Before I go off half cocked and do something rash like uninstalling Office 365 and re installing I thought I would check to see if anyone had any other suggestions.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Are you having the problem on multiple systems? Do you really have the 64bit version of the Office desktop programs installed? If so, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 32bit versions?

Joe

Thanks
    No, just the 64 bit laptop. Here is the outcome. I was going to uninstall it but something was nagging me about doing that. I finally decided to get Microsoft chat online, and that is what we did, and yep! Just like Adobe it needed to be deactivated. I probably would have missed that step. Anyhow at least it is working again.
    The chat person seemed to think that the problems were from a bad removal of office 2010.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)