4 Star Lounger
    Anaheim, California, USA

Windows 10:You'll experience problems with your display

So, MS put a little Windows 10 icon in my task tray and I thought I should check and see if W10 will work on my system or not.

It told me that:

These devices are not compatible with Windows 10
    AMD Radeon HD 8330
    You'll experience problems with your display

with no indication as to whether or not the problem was solvable.

I went to AMD's site and they show that all of their products are compatible.

Anyone know if this is something that will be fixed when the final version comes out or do I just not get it? I haven't been a tester and was not planning on being an early adopter either, although I am looking forward to it. I applaud MS for what they tried to do with Windows 8, it just didn't work out and now it's time to move on.

I am running a Toshiba Satellite C55-A with 4GB RAM and a 500 GB Hard Drive.

Thanks for any input.

St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 902 Posts
    While in general the AMD HD 8330 may be compatible it could be that Toshiba has done something to the hardware or driver to make it incompatible. Notebooks are notorious for having a modified version of various hardware even though it has a generic OEM name. Have you checked the Toshiba site?

Silver Lounger
    Donebb, good morning.
    I got the same song and dance about my Toshibas, two of them, about my Vid cards and apps. All run fine on the latest, the 10130 of W-10. I also run a bunch of old apps, eg : Office 2000, PF2000, PaintShop 6, Thunderbird and a French Larousse that came with W-98. Not a hiccup ! These Toshibas are 8 and 9 year old.
    All best wishes. Jean.