New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem activating Office 2013 on a new computer

I inherited a laptop that is full of issues. After lots of fruitless effort trying to get Office 2010 working on it (already installed, but errors everywhere), I went out a bought a new Office 2013 Home license thinking that might solve the issue. I tried removing as much of Office 2010 as possible, but couldn't get rid of some of it. I then installed the new Office 2013 & activate that. Unfortunately, it would not run either. Spent more hours trying to get the laptop cleaned up to get past all of the errors. No success. I finally went out and bought a new laptop. I installed Office 2013 Home on the new computer, but the installation did not complete because the activation failed. Presumably it failed b/c the license was for use on a single computer, and it was already installed on the old computer.

How can I get past the activation issue to use my new Office 2013 Home license on the new computer?

jwoods
    From Microsoft -

Activate Office 2013 on a different PC

If you move Office 2013 to a different PC, you’ll need to activate by phone. You’ll find the number in the Activation Wizard:

In any Office application, click File > Account > Activate Product.

In the Activation Wizard, click I want to activate the software by telephone > Next.

Select your country/region.

Call the Product Activation Center phone number that’s under Step 1.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Problem resolved. After more fiddling, I was able to successfully uninstall Office 2013 from the old computer. That eventually released the activation code so that it could finish installing on the new computer after a couple calls to Microsoft.