Thanks

Get Scorch to work?

I get that Windows 10 is in beta. But, I'm looking for some type of solution. My daughter accesses and buys a great deal of online music (Musicnotes.com etc.) that she then prints from the web sites.

The problem is, that these sites rely upon Sibelius' Scorch for printing (http://www.sibelius.com/products/scorch/index.html), which doesn't seem to be working at all in Windows 10. I had to buy the music on a Windows 7 PC, print it to PDF, dump it on a stick, load it on my Windows 10 machine and print.

I don't even quite know what I am looking for in a solution here, but if there is any type of solution out there, I'd like to hear it.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Probably have to wait for an update to make it compatible with Windows 10. Which browser is being used in Windows 10? Have you tried another browser?

Joe

Thanks
    Joe, if by "another browser" you mean Chrome, IE, and/or Firefox, the answer is yes. Sigh. And on top of that, Chrome says they won't support NPAPI plug-ins after v45, so it will get worse before better.

I suppose I should actually be thankful, because this is the first major glitch with W10 that I have come across.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Is the most current version Scorch installed? Their website talks about a new version but does not mention Windows 10 compatibility that I can find. I'd suggest getting in touch with Sibelius to see what their plans are.

Joe