New Lounger
    Thanks

Is there a single place to check status of all updates?

Hello,

I have 11 optional updates that have been waiting for the go-ahead to install (or hide). This list of course changes over time. With the publication of each of Susan's Patch Watch articles I run through the updates to see if she reports any of them ready to install. I also run through the Tables at the bottom of her articles to see if I missed any of them. But these Tables only cover the last few weeks or months. Then references to an update on Wait seems to disappear.

Is there a single historical table anywhere that lists the status of all updates, so I can just run through it every few weeks to see if the status of any of these updates that have been sitting in Windows Update for months are safe to install?

How do you all keep up to date with the items she recommends waiting on? How do you know if an update is now safe to install if she does not mention it in one of her next articles?

Thanks,
    Gene

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I just update my systems. I seldom wait more than a day or two. Have been doing this for more than a decade and can count on less than one hand the number of times I've issues with updates.

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The free Advisor from www.belarc.com does a pretty good job of showing what is available for the OS.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    The free Advisor from www.belarc.com does a pretty good job of showing what is available for the OS.
    That wasn't the question.