Thanks

Windows Store (Beta) icon gone --= again!

I started this morning with a "clean" install, and then started adding my progs. As (my) luck would have it, the pinned Store icon is gone -- again -- but the space for it is still allocated on the tool bar.

I dunno what is causing that, and only care in that I want to understand both the why and how to fix it -- or remove the allocated space from the taskbar -- which DOES pop up this grayish box when I hover over the space. This is the same ting that happened before, and the only way I could fix it then was to "start over."

Since we are moving toward final release, all I would like to do for the moment is get rid of the ghost icon on my taskbar.

How can I do that? Where is the link for the Store pointing? I cannot find ANYTHING that looks like it is the app or link that is supposed to be there.

Any idea how I could fix this?

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Can you right click and unpin from the taskbar? Then you should be able to pin the Store to the taskbar using the all apps menu.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

CWBillow (2015-06-14)

Thanks
    Joe, I just found it in the All Apps menu...dunno why I didn't see it before, but then, oh well...

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"