Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 Pro IP Build 10130 Installation Problem

The other thread I started recently regarding Build 10130 concerns all the problems I had with installing the latest updates. I was getting nowhere and spending an enormous amount of time trying, so I tried a different approach. I deleted the original Win 10 partition and merged it with the adjacent partition on the same disk, reallocated disk labels and then restored a Macrium backup of Win 10 to what was the Win 8.1 SSD. however, although EasyBCD is set to boot from Win 7 as the default OS, followed by Win 10 and then Macrium Reflect's recovery environment, and I can boot Win 7 with no problem at all, if I try to boot into Win 10 it appears to be working but the red LED flickers off and on for hours and eventually stops, leaving a blank black screen with just the cursor visible.

In Win 7 the Win 10 folders open with no problem. I ran check disk on Win 10 with the automatically fix... and scan for... options selected, and no problems were found.

I tried starting my PC from the Win 10 IP build 10130 DVD, but decided not to proceed with the installation as I was given no option as to which disk to install it on, and I was afraid my Win 7 installation might be overwritten.

I also tried the repair option whilst booted from the DVD, but that didn't work, nor did the option to reset Win 10. (I was told editions and or language mismatches prevented the reset, which I don't understand).

Can anyone tell me how I can get Win 10 to boot, so that I can then use the DVD to reinstall the OS from within Win 10.

Please advise.

Thanks and regards, Roy
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I should have realised that if I booted from my Win 10 DVD and performed a clean installation I would be able to choose which disk I wanted to install Win 10 on. I did this and the installation succeeded, but I still have the **** problem with installing updates.
    OS Dual Boot Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit & Windows 7 Pro With SP1 64 bit. (Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155-Asus P867 Pro Motherboard-GTX550 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card-Memory 8GB)

Roy Whitethread