4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 Copy & Paste Stopped Working

This morning I have two users who are suddenly not able to copy and paste in Word 2010 using ctrl+c and ctrl+v, nor by right click and selecting copy or paste. Nothing happens. It does, however, work if they open the clipboard manager/task pane. If they have that open and copy, you see the copy there and if you click on it, it will paste. For now I have them using the clipboard manager as a workaround.

Those two users had Windows Updates run this past weekend. I suspect an update is causing the problem but there's no many of them I don't which one to blame. One of the users had more than 40 installed Sunday!

These are Windows 7 64bit computers. I have since confirmed this to be an issue beyond Word. They are also not able to copy files in Windows Explorer and paste that copy the file into their working directory or client directory. They also can't copy and paste between other programs.

Rebooting didn't make any difference. They are logged in as Standard users with no local admin rights.
    Last edited by ailios; 2015-06-15 at 14:27. Reason: updated information
    Daisy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Please move this thread into Windows 7 forum. My apology for putting it in the wrong place.
    Daisy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Please remove this post. I have resolved it by uninstalling update KB3057839. It is apparently an issue with Windows 7 64bit and a security program on the affected computers. For more information, see this link over to the Spiceworks site. http://community.spiceworks.com/topi...onger-working?
    Daisy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Just moved this to the Windows 7 forum. It is worthwhile to keep in case someone else runs into the same issue.

Thanks for posting the solution.

Joe